Free Consultation

Los Angeles Rideshare Accident Lawyer

For some people, owning a car in Los Angeles isn’t worth the cost. Instead of battling traffic and paying for gas, many area residents rely on rideshare services like Uber or Lyft. 

While rideshare options are convenient, they can increase the number of accidents in the city. 

They also present unique legal issues when you’re injured, which can complicate your claim. 

Contact a Los Angeles rideshare accident lawyer if you suffered injuries while riding in an Uber or Lyft.  

The attorneys at Peerali Law have the skills and experience to help you fight for the compensation you deserve in a rideshare accident. We understand the nuances of these claims. 

As experienced litigators, we aren’t afraid to take your case to trial if necessary. Some rideshare accident lawyers look to settle cases early so they can close your file and move on to other ones. 

Our top priority is our clients and what’s best for their unique circumstances.

 

 

Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents in Los Angeles

Rideshare accidents in Los Angeles can happen for a wide variety of reasons. Some of the more common causes include:

  • Distracted driving, such as texting and driving, looking at the GPS, eating and driving, or talking to passengers;  

  • Driver fatigue, such as a rideshare driver working too many hours and falling asleep at the wheel;

  • Driver inexperience or unfamiliarity with the area they are offering rideshare services in;

  • Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;

  • Not obeying traffic regulations, such as running a red light or stop sign; and

  • Aggressive driving, such as road rage or tailgating.

It’s common to have multiple factors contribute to a rideshare accident. Perhaps the rideshare driver was looking at their GPS and ran a stop sign, striking another vehicle. Or, maybe a drunk driver ran a red light and slammed into your rideshare vehicle.

Road hazards and bad weather can also contribute to an accident. In some cases, the vehicle might malfunction or have a defect, such as a brake failure. 

Negligent vehicle maintenance can have catastrophic results, especially if the vehicle is traveling on one of the city’s busy freeways.  

Who Is Liable for a Rideshare Injury in Los Angeles?

When you’re a ridesharing vehicle passenger, it’s highly unlikely that you have any fault for the accident. You might know that rideshare companies have up to $1 million in liability coverage when there’s a passenger in the vehicle. 

However, rideshare companies aren’t going to automatically cut you a check in the event of an accident. You still need to prove who is at fault for your injuries. It might be the other driver, the rideshare driver, or another party. 

To prove liability, your ridesharing accident lawyer will gather evidence to prove the four elements of negligence in a car accident:

  • Duty of care;

  • Breach of the duty of care;

  • Causation; and

  • Damages.

California is a pure comparative negligence state. That means you can still collect some compensation even if you are partially at fault for the accident. In California, multiple parties can share liability. 

That can affect your claim even as a fault-free party. For example, consider an accident where the rideshare driver is 25% at fault, and the other driver is 75% at fault. 

In that case, the rideshare company and the other driver’s insurance will both contribute to your compensation.

 

Contact a Los Angeles Rideshare Accident Lawyer

If you’re searching for the best rideshare accident lawyer, contact Peerali Law. We know what it takes to build a successful rideshare accident claim in Los Angeles and what this type of litigation involves. 

Rideshare companies like to deny any liability by claiming drivers are independent contractors. However, you have rights as a rideshare vehicle passenger who was in an accident. 

Let our legal team protect those rights and help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact Peerali Law today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can assist you.

 

Skip to content